We check the COVID-19 Arizona infection rate often with the Arizona Department of Health Services web site.
When we open, we will have a few procedures in place.
Since early this month, some trends are downward.
Since Arizona just started weekend-only mass testing a short while ago, the statistics from the news media are confusing. Sometimes their fine print is clarifying. The AZDHC site is a better reference.
- One is social distancing – six feet.
- We will have the optional use of masks.
- Another is the use of additional fans at one end of the training area.
- We will be taking no-touch temperatures for new students and one time only for people starting back.
- We will have a no-touch policy for this phase of re-opening with areas marked off for a student limit of seven people on the floor. There will be no sticky hands or fighting drills at first that involve a partner. Solo drills only.
-Sifu Keith Sonnenberg